Rainier sentence example
- From the elevation which it attains in its northern division the county is colder and is rainier than other midland counties.
- In 1796 the British, under Admiral Rainier, captured Amboyna, but restored it to the Dutch at the peace of Amiens in 1802.
- These are Mount Rainier or Tacoma (14,363 ft.), Mount Adams (12,470 ft.), Mount Baker (10,827 ft.), Glacier Peak (10,436 ft.) and Mount St Helens (io,000 ft.).
- Rainier, about 50 m.
- The Cascade Range is in essence a maturely dissected highland, composed in part of upwarped Colombian lavas, in part of older rocks, and crowned with several dissected volcanoes, of which the chief are (beginning in the north) Mts Baker (Io,827 ft.), Rainier (14,363 ft.), Adams (12,470 ft.) and Hood (11,225 ft.); the first three in \Vashington, the last in northern Oregon- These bear snowfields and glaciers; while the dissected highlands, with ridges of very irregular arrangement, are everywhere sculptured in a fashion that strongly suggests the work of numerous local Pleistocene glaciers as an important supplement to preglacial erosion.Advertisement
- A spokesman for the tiny principality 's ruler Prince Rainier would only say he " believed " a ceremony had taken place in Germany.
- The inspiration for Ivanka's dress was Grace Kelly's wedding gown, which she wore when she married Prince Rainier III in 1956.
- You'll get to see Hell's Canyon, the deepest in North America; visit the Walla Walla wine region and, if you're traveling in the summertime, check out Mount Rainier and Mount Saint Helens.
- Washington Hills - Washington Hills offers 3-liter casks of 2003 Merlot and Chardonnay as well as non-vintage Rainier Red and Rainier White for about $20 per box.
- Rainier, which might inspire you to a little post-meal climbing.Advertisement