Rain-dance sentence example
- dramatize what sort of rhythmic sounds stomping feet in a rain dance might have made.
- stomping feet in a rain dance might have made.
- The Native American Indian Rain Dance is one of several rain dances known around the world.
- Many indigenous cultures have rain dances as part of their folk dancing, but the Indian Rain Dance in North America is one of the most well-known versions.
- In some Native American tribes, the rain dance and the sun dance are the same dance, with different names depending on the time period.Advertisement
- During this period when the sun dance was not allowed, many tribes started calling it the rain dance so that they would be allowed to practice it in peace.
- Other regions might have wanted more sunlight than was the norm for the region, in which case the rain dance may have actually been more of a sun dance.
- The dance requires special costumes and headdresses, which were traditionally stored throughout the rest of the year and only brought out to perform the ceremonial rain dance each August.
- This video shows a rain dance being performed for a large audience.
- While this genre of dance has largely disappeared as the Native Americans have become more and more integrated into American culture, buying food at grocery stores instead of relying on a harvest, the rain dance still survives.Advertisement
- The rain dance is just one of the Native American traditional dances, and is an integral part of not only the dance culture of Native Americans, but also the culture of Indians as a whole.