Railway-carriages sentence example
- The first railway carriages in England had four wheels with two axles, and this construction is still largely employed, especially for short-distance trains.
- Cotton manufacture, dyeing, printing, bleaching, brewing, type-founding, and the manufacture of tram and railway carriages are among the more important of its industries.
- The industries embrace engine-building, the manufacture of railway carriages a11d plant, scientific instruments, porcelain, tobacco and cigars, lithography, jute-spinning, iron-founding, brewing and gardening.
- Czechoslovakia manufactures and exports agricultural machinery, plant for sugar refineries and distilleries, locomotives, railway carriages and trucks and other rolling-stock, motor-cars, tractors.
- Large shipbuilding yards and a yard for the construction of trams and railway carriages have been constructed in the latter city.Advertisement
- Its principal industries are the manufacture of tobacco, furniture, machinery, scientific instruments and railway carriages.
- Old caravans, small railway carriages and other unusual items can be used to great effect.