Railhead sentence example
- At once Christchurch became the railhead for Bournemouth, In 1863 an act was obtained for a 3½ mile extension to Bournemouth.
- The nearest railhead and airport are both in Edinburgh; there are alternative railheads at Berwick-upon-Tweed and Carlisle.
- Late night busses would be retimed to connect with incoming trains at a suitable railhead.
- Planning permission has been granted for a new railhead there.
- If it runs again next year and you want to use it, Amberley is the best railhead.Advertisement
- As children they played by the Hessian bales of asbestos at the nearby railhead and played on the open tips around Harridge mill.
- The relevant land was currently used as a freight railhead.
- After a road had been cut on the virgin heath the Steam Sappers hauled wagons from the supply railhead at Tongham.
- Porta 's recommendations saw railhead conditioning trains run every night - as a result the adhesion problems disappeared.
- Accordingly they would, in practice, keep the railhead facility there.Advertisement
- The vilayet is now traversed by the Anatolian railway, and contains the railhead of the Ottoman line from Smyrna.
- Three ferries plied incessantly between Richborough and Calais and Dunkirk, connecting railhead in England with railhead in France.
- Tramways and "feeder roads" have been built to connect various places with the railway; one such road goes from railhead to Kailahun in Liberia.