Ragtime sentence example
- You'll see a bit of western and a little bit of ragtime.
- He included music from the classical, ragtime, jazz and banjo repertoire.
- The piano plays ragtime in another room, switches to a lullaby, shushing all the bad dreams back into the cotton sweet closet.
- The music will be contemporary, ragtime and jazz style with a skiffle / street band sound.
- Featuring a diverse range of musical styles including jazz, Argentinean tango, Brazilian samba, classical, ragtime and Klezmer.Advertisement
- Classic ragtime demands the frequent use of modulation and flattened tones also.
- Blues Connection got the sunny afternoon off to a great start with their laid back country blues and ragtime music.
- Blind Blake neatly picking out impeccable ragtime piano tunes or the poignant strident slide of Tampa Red.
- Guitar: Twenty four years playing acoustic blues and ragtime finger-picking guitar.
- Joplin was much more than just a ragtime composer, as can be seen in this vibrant collection of short works for piano.Advertisement
- Join them for a top class night of foot-stomping ragtime blues.
- Her career on Broadway is extensive, with plays such as Ragtime, Fiddler on the Roof, and Spring Awakening, and she appears on some of the original cast recordings for these plays.
- Zadora won the New Star of the Year Golden Globe Award, beating out Elizabeth McGovern for the film Ragtime, and Kathleen Turner for the film Body Heat.
- Rockin' the Mississippi Delta--Learn why the area is known as the home of Zydeco, Rhythm and Blues, Ragtime, and Gospel while listening to local musicians perform fan favorites.
- While immensely popular in its time, the Two Step dance began to disappear as ragtime, jazz, and other forms of music became popular.Advertisement
- The dance carried over into 1920s ragtime, where swing dance also became popular.
- Beginning lessons are grounded in classical instruction, and more advanced students have an opportunity to expand their exposure to genres such as blues, jazz, or ragtime.
- Other styles of genres that may have peaked earlier (such as ragtime) or later (like hip hop or rap) are not included.