Ragged-robin sentence example
- The principal other plants which bear the name are the wallflower, Cheiranthus Cheiri, called wall-gillyflower in old books; the dame's violet, Hesperis matronalis, called variously the queen's, the rogue's and the winter gillyflower; the ragged-robin, Lychnis Flos-cuculi, called marsh-gillyflower and cuckoo-gillyflower; the waterviolet, Hottonia palustris, called water-gillyflower; and the thrift, Armeria vulgaris, called sea-gillyflower.
- The herbaceous composition predominantly consists of marsh bedstraw, meadowsweet and ragged robin.
- The marshy areas of these fields stand out with colorful flag iris, ragged robin and water forget-me-nots.
- ragged robin.
- Look too for other marsh-loving flowers such as foamy white meadowsweet and bright pink ragged robin.Advertisement
- Another sign of the advancing season is the ragged robin.
- On damper grasslands surrounding the lower pond cowslip, ladies smock & ragged robin occur.
- tufted hair-grass, ragged robin and meadow sweet are common.
- In wetter areas, tufted hair-grass, ragged robin and meadow sweet are common.