Radicles sentence example
- Other substituent groups exercise morphotropic effects similar to those exhibited by the alkyl radicles; investigations have been made on halogen-, hydroxy-, and nitro-derivatives of benzene and substituted benzenes.
- In the physiological process of intestinal digestion, the precursors of such fats are split up into these two radicles.
- These eventually reach the hepatic radicles, and so the blood is conducted into the vena cava.
- The derivatives of urea containing acid radicles are known as ureides.
- Under the head of "oxidable or acidifiable" substances, the combination of which with oxygen yielded acids, were placed sulphur, phosphorus, carbon, and the muriatic, fluoric and boracic radicles.Advertisement
- The proof that prussic acid contains hydrogen but no oxygen was a most important support to the hydrogen-acid theory, and completed the downfall of Lavoisier's oxygen theory;, while the isolation of cyanogen was of equal importance for the subsequent era of compound radicles in organic chemistry.