Rack-and-pinion sentence example
- A rack-and-pinion railway (opened in 1897) ascends from Llanberis to the summit of the mountain (44 m.).
- To the west of Buda extends the hill (1463 ft.) of Svab-Hegy (Schwabenberg), with extensive view and numerous villas; it is ascended by a rack-and-pinion railway.
- A web in the focal plane of telescope marks the point in the field at which the bands are to be made to disappear; this is effected by turning the polarizer by means of a rack and pinion worked by an arm from the observer's end of the instrument.
- The light is finally received in a Galilean telescope, containing an analyser and carried at the centre of a circular plate, that is graduated on its rim and can be turned in front of a vernier by means of a rack and pinion.
- Since, however, only relatively low powers are now employed, the ordinary rack and pinion movement for focusing suffices, and for the illuminating the object only a mirror below the stage is required when the object is transparent, and a condensing lens above the stage when opaque.Advertisement
- The iris diaphragm i is pushed to the side by the rack and pinion t n.
- By using a rack and pinion movement L the supplementary microscope can be adjusted for the images.
- Walkers can reach the mountains by gondola lift or rack-and-pinion railroad.
- Lake steamers carry you across to nearby resorts, while the rack-and-pinion railroad takes you up to the peak of the Schafberg.
- New Chassis Engineering Not only did the Freelander have a choice of engines, but all independent suspension, and power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering.Advertisement
- As the guideway moves, this arrangement creates a low-duty rack-and-pinion drive.
- We were the first manufacturer to use rack-and-pinion systems instead of chain drives for our carriage drive systems.