Rabbinism sentence example
- Here, far more than on Palestinian soil, was built the enduring edifice of rabbinism.
- They were a unique product of rabbinism; and the authors of the system were also the compilers of its literary expression, the Talmud.
- It was Christianity that preserved Jewish apocalyptic, when it was abandoned by Judaism as it sank into Rabbinism, and gave it a Christian character either by a forcible exegesis or by a systematic process of interpolation.
- But after the fall of Jerusalem, partly through the need for systematizing the traditional post-biblical law, and partly through disputes with the Christians, orthodox Rabbinism received the stamp which has since characterized it.
- But they had reckoned without the isolating influence of Rabbinism.Advertisement
- The latter prepared a great summary of all Jewish religious and civil law, the standard work upon which Christian theologians from the 16th century onwards based their studies - and also their criticisms - of early Rabbinism.
- His homiletic books, Epistle on Sanctity (Iggereth ha-qodesh) and Law of Man (Torath ha-Adam), which deal respectively with the sanctity of marriage and the solemnity of death, are full of intense spirituality, while at the same time treating of ritual customs - a combination which shows essential Rabbinism at its best.
- One of the chief centres of Rabbinism was Safed, still a sacred city of the Jews and largely inhabited by members of that faith.