Rabbah sentence example
- The chief city of the country, called Rabbah, or Rabbath of the children of Ammon, i.e.
- 3 It was believed that the Written Word had an infinite fulness; according to the Midr. Bemidbar Rabbah every word of the Law had seventy different aspects, and Philo of Alexandria held that there are no superfluous words in Scripture.
- The several portions are named after the ordinary Jewish titles of the Old Testament books with the addition of Rabbah " great."
- Ruth or Ruth Rabbah, a compilation including an exposition of 1 Chron.
- Rabbah, on Ecclesiastes; see Jew.Advertisement
- Further, the Megillath Ta'anith (" roll of fasts "), an old source with a collection of miscellaneous legends, &c.; Megillath Antiokhos, on the martyrdom under Hadrian; Seder`Olam Rabbah, on biblical history from Adam to the rebellion of Bar Kokba (Barcocheba); the " Book of Jashar "; the Chronicle of Jerahmeel," &c. Liturgical Midrash is illustrated by the Haggada shel Pesah, part of the ritual recited at the domestic service of the first two Passover evenings.
- - his father Abibaal is meant.4 As the birth of Solomon is placed before the capture of Rabbah of Ammon (xii.), it would appear that David's wars were ended within the first half of his reign at Jerusalem, and the /eternal troubles.
- Midrash Rabbah (or Rabboth), a large collection of very diverse origin and date, probably not completed before the 13th century.
- (4) Kallah (" betrothed, bride "), on chastity in marriage, &c. Derek Ere (5) Rabbah, and (6) Zuta, a " large " and a " small " treatise on various rules of " conduct " and social life.