Rab sentence example
- He is commonly known as Rab.
- To Italy was assigned the northern half of the Dalmatian mainland as far as Cape Planka, and all the islands save Krk (Veglia) and Rab (Arbe) in the N., Solta and Brazza in front of Spalato, and the few which lie to the south of Meleda.
- He is associated with the fame of his great contemporary Rab (Abba Araka q.v.).
- They begin with Mar Rab Sheshna (7th century) and continue to Hai Gaon, who died in 1038, and are full of historical and literary interest.
- 2 The She'iltoth (questions) of Rab Alai (8th century) also belong probably to the school of Pumbeditha, though their author was not Gaon.Advertisement
- Abba bar Kahana, who was confused with a predecessor, Rab Kahana.
- Inscriptions of the 3rd and 2nd centuries B.C. mention a Rab (chief) in Sidon, Cyprus and Gaulus (Gozo); what his position was it is difficult to say; in the colonies he may have been a district governor.
- It is derived from the adjective rab (in Aramaic, and frequently also in Hebrew, "great"), which acquired in modern Hebrew the signification of "lord," in relation to servants or slaves, and of "teacher," "master," in relation to the disciple.
- When, ten weeks before the murder, some hundreds of men came to Medina from Egypt and Irak, pretending that they were on their pilgrimage to Mecca, but wanted to bring before the caliph their complaints against his vicegerents, nobody could have the slightest suspicion that the life of the caliph was in danger; indeed it was only during 1 Ma'ad is in the genealogical system the father of the Moelar and the Rab`ia tribes.
- 3 Of their teachers (who were called Rabbi and Rab respectively) several hundreds are known.Advertisement
- Abba Arika or Rab, the nephew of the first mentioned, founded the school of Sura (219 A.D.).
- In Babylonia, however, learning still flourished, and with Rab Ashi (352-427) the arranging of the present framework of the Gemara may have been taken in hand.
- Rab Abina (died 499), heads of the academy of Sura, the Babylonian recension became practically complete.
- It was the birthplace of Dr John Brown, author of Rab and his Friends, whose father was secession minister in the town.
- But Rab Butler genuinely believed that there should be a relaxation in laws which he once described as ' Victorian corsetry ' .Advertisement
- The main focus of my research is to clarify the role of Rab GTPases in regulating vesicular trafficking in osteoclasts.
- He was the first to arrange a complete liturgy for the synagogue, and his Prayer-Book (Siddur Rab Amram) was the foundation of most of the extant rites in use among the Jews.