Quondam sentence example
- In point of fact the quondam advocate never disappeared in the Christian presbyter.
- Shortly afterwards Martos joined the dynastic Left organized by Marshal Serrano, General Lopez Dominguez, and Moret, Becerra, Balaguer, and other quondam revolutionaries.
- There is evidence that in the quondam Roman towns the German newcomers settled much as in a village, i.e.
- On the great estates in Assyria and its subject provinces were many serfs, mostly of subject race, settled captives, or quondam slaves, tied to the soil they cultivated and sold with the estate but capable of possessing land and property of their own.
- From these sources it appears that he professed successively two opinions on the nature of the universals, having been dislodged from his first position by the criticism of Abelard, his quondam pupil.Advertisement
- Shortly afterwards Philip took advantage of a rising against his quondam friend Richard, who was duke of Aquitaine, to seize the county of Berry.
- Canovas came to the conclusion that it was expedient for the Restoration to give a fair trial to the quondam revolutionists who coalesced under Sagasta in such conditions.
- The two claimants were " Sigefridus nepos Godefridi regis " and " Anulo nepos Herioldi quondam regis " (i.e.
- The short-lived federal republic from the IIth of February 1873 to the 3rd of January 1874 was the culminating point of the career of Castelar, and his conduct during those eleven months was much praised by the wiser portion of his fellow-countrymen, though it alienated from him the sympathies of the majority of his quondam friends in the republican ranks.
- Colchester still uses the symbol of the Sea Holly to celebrate a quondam source of its wealth.Advertisement
- quondam source of its wealth.
- The quondam "'chaser" is, how ever, usually apt to be somewhat impetuous at his fences.
- It is possible that the Orationes may represent a letter book of Richard de Bury's, entitled Liber Epistolaris quondam domini Ricardi de Bury, Episcopi Dunelmensis, now in the possession of Lord Harlech.
- especially the passage - "Procedant contra infideles ad pugnam jam incipi dignam qui abusive privatum certamen contra fideles consuescebant distendere quondam."
- The death of the weak John of Brabant (April 1427) freed the countess from her quondam husband; but nevertheless the pope pronounced Jacoba's marriage with Humphrey illegal, and Philip, putting out his full strength, broke down all opposition.Advertisement
- hic jacet Johannes Sprunt, quondam Major Oxon qui obiit xvii die mensis Julii A o.