Quire sentence example
- Miel, usted quire algunos café?
- Account must also be taken of the number of lines in each page, the number of pages in each quire, of gaps or lacunae in the manuscript, and so forth.
- The pavement came from the site of a 3rd-century Roman villa along with a mural displayed on the wall of the south quire aisle.
- Introits were provided for use on every Sunday and Holy-Day; after the offertory intending communicants were directed to " tarry still in the quire or in some convenient place nigh the quire "; in the prayer " for the whole state of Christ's church," the blessed Virgin Mary was commemorated by name among departed saints; prayer for the departed was explicitly retained; also an invocation of the Holy Spirit before the words of institution, the prayer of oblation immediately following them.
- Miel, usted quire algunos cafÃ©?Advertisement
- Catchwords: usual place (lower margin of last folio of quire, near gutter )?
- quire of the cathedral looking up at the Great East Window.
- It was common Anglo-Saxon practice to form a quire from four sheets of parchment - folded to make eight leaves.
- This codex of the letters of Paul was made out of one single quire.
- As always give us a ring if you have a quire and ask for Big " H "Advertisement
- They then descend into the two different folders, where they are folded and cut - the copies being discharged on to the delivery boards situated at the two sides of the left-hand portion of the machine, and each quire is counted or told off by being jogged forward.
- In the additional explanatory notes at the end of the book, after directions as to the wearing of surplice and hood in quire, in cathedral and collegiate churches (they are not made obligatory elsewhere), bishops are directed to wear, besides the rochet, a surplice or alb, and a cope or vestment, with a pastoral staff borne either by themselves or their chaplains.'
- It has a romanesque crypt, twelfth century quire and thirteenth century stained glass windows.
- He advanced to the arm-chair prepared for him in the centre of the writing-table, laid his hat on the left-hand corner; his snuff-box was deposited on the same side beside the quire of paper placed in readiness for his use, and dipping the pen twice into the ink-bottle, then bringing it to within an inch of his nose to make sure it was properly filled, he broke silence: ` We have said that the chord AB,' &c. For three-quarters of an hour he continued his demonstration, making short notes as he went on, to guide the listener in repeating the problem alone; then, taking up another cahier which lay beside him, he went over the written repetition of the former lesson.
- I found an exhausted person sitting in the quire of the Cathedral looking up at the Great East Window.Advertisement
- quire aisle.