Quinsy sentence example
- He was attacked with quinsy, which rapidly brought about paralysis of the tongue, and he died on the 13th of September 1592, in circumstances which, as Pasquier reports them, completely disprove any intention of displaying antiChristian or anti-Catholic leanings.
- According to ancient authorities, she was a goddess who relieved men from pain and sorrow, or delivered the Romans and their flocks from angina (quinsy); or she was the protecting goddess of Rome and the keeper of the sacred name of the city, which might not be pronounced lest it should be revealed to her enemies; it was even thought that Angerona itself was this name.
- It is believed that his disease was a malarial form of recurrent quinsy acting upon an extremely neurotic system.
- It was a nightmare, especially when I developed quinsy, a type of abscess, in my right tonsil.
- The wolf paused, turned its heavy forehead toward the dogs awkwardly, like a man suffering from the quinsy, and, still slightly swaying from side to side, gave a couple of leaps and with a swish of its tail disappeared into the skirt of the wood.Advertisement
- This was similar with respect to quinsy drainage and foreign body removal from the ear, nose and throat.