Quinquennium sentence example
- Italian trade with foreign countries (imports and exports) during the quinquennium 1872-1876 averaged 94,000,000 a year; in the quinquennium 1893f 897 it fell to 88,960,000 a year.
- Will prices in the next quinquennium be higher than they might otherwise be?
- Our three main strands of work in the current quinquennium are all natural progressions from previous interests and activities.
- It also argued that circumstances had altered materially since it gave its agreement to the revised tariff formula for the second quinquennium.
- With Finance taxation screwed up to breaking point on personal and real estate, on all forms of commercial and industrial activity, and on salt, flour and other necessaries of life; with a deficit of 8,500,000 for the current year, and the prospect of a further aggregate deficit of Li ~,ooo,ooo during the next quinquennium, Sellas heroic struggle against national bankruptcy was still far from a successful termination.Advertisement
- In 1901 the whites numbered 773, 000; and between that year and the census computation in April 1906 the increase, 115,859, was the largest yet recorded in any quinquennium.
- From 1858 to 1862 the rate varied between 42.37 and 34 80 cents per bushel for the whole trip of roundly 1000 m., the average rate in the quinquennium being 38.43.