Quinque- sentence example
- 25, 3, "quinque tibi potui servire fideliter annos"; and for the year of estrangement, iii.
- 7; Trecentorum autem sexaginta quinque caelorum locales positiones distribuunt similiter ut mathematici).
- He also cites, apparently with approval, the view of those who held Porphyry's treatise to be not de quinque rebus, but de quinque vocibus.
- His small work De exceptionibus was probably written before he became pope; but the Apparatus in quinque libros decretalium, which displays both practical sense and a remarkable mastery of the available materials, was written at Lyons immediately after the council.
- Ideas identical with the modern ones were expressed by John Mayow in his Tractatus quinque medico-physici (1674), but his death in 1679 undoubtedly accounts for the neglect of his suggestions by his contemporaries.Advertisement
- (1869); and earlier edition in Gale's Scriptores quinque, pp. 21-128.
- He published at Oxford in 1668 two tracts, on respiration and rickets, and in 1674 these were reprinted, the former in an enlarged and corrected form, with three others "De sal-nitro et spiritu nitro - aereo," "De respiratione foetus in utero et ovo," and "De motu musculari et spiritibus animalibus" as Tractatus quinque medico-physici.
- Passing over the first Additiones to the Decretum and the Appendix concilii Lateranensis (council of 1179), we "Q Ã‚° Inoue comila- will speak only of the Quinque compilationes, 2 which tiones.
- Another specimen of his wit is furnished by the following epigram of the five reasons for drinking: Si bene quid memini, causae sunt quinque bibendi; Hospitis adventus, praesens sitis atque futura, Ant vini bonitas, aut quaelibet altera causa.
- If Alexander is responsible for such doctrines as that of the intellectus acquisitus, it is to Porphyry, with his characteristically Platonist preference for the doctrine of universals, and for classification, that we owe the scholastic preoccupation with the realist controversy, and with the quinque votes, i.e.Advertisement
- Passing over the first Additiones to the Decretum and the Appendix concilii Lateranensis (council of 1179), we "Q ° Inoue comila- will speak only of the Quinque compilationes, 2 which tiones.
- Raymond does not attempt any original work; to the texts already included in the Quinque compilationes, he adds only nine decretals of Innocent III.
- Friedberg has succeeded in giving a much abridged edition of the Quinque compilationes (Leipzig, 1882).
- libri quinque, Florence, 1572) provoked a violent rejoinder from the Protestant minister David Blondel (Pseudo-I sidorus et Turrianus rapulantes, Geneva, 1620).