Quinidine sentence example
- Caffeine interferes with drugs that regulate heart rhythm, such as quinidine and propranolol (Inderal).
- Later quinidine and cinchonidine were discovered, and subsequently several other alkaloids, but in smaller quantity.
- The other alkaloids are distinguished from quinine thus: quinidine resembles quinine, but is dextro-rotatory, and the iodide is very insoluble in water; the solution of cinchonidine, which is laevo-rotatory, does not give the thalleoquin test, nor fluorescence; cinchonine resembles cinchonidine in these respects, but is dextrorotatory.
- The sulphate of quinine used in medicine may contain up to 3% of cinchonidine, but should be free from cinchonine, quinidine and cupreine.
- The other alkaloids of cinchona bark - quinidine, cinchonidine, and cinchonine - also possess similar properties, but all are much less effective than quinine.Advertisement
- Calisaya, known as the calisaya of Santa Fe, was strongly recommended for cultivation, because the shoots of felled trees afford bark containing a considerable amount of quinine; C. Pitayensia has been introduced into the Indian plantations on account of yielding the valuable alkaloid quinidine, as well as quinine.
- Quinine, and its stereoisomer quinidine, are known to cause drug dependent antibody formation using the hapten mechanism.
- stereoisomer quinidine, are known to cause drug dependent antibody formation using the hapten mechanism.
- Quinine and quinidine In a small number of patients using quinine, or its stereoisomer quinidine, profound thrombocytopenia may occur.
- Traces of quinidine are also sometimes, though rarely, found in commercial quinine, but its presence does not detract in a medicinal point of view from the value of the latter.Advertisement
- than above that elevation, and that cinchonidine, quinidine, and resin are at the same time increased in amount.