Quinces sentence example
- Large quantities of fruits - apples, pears, quinces, peaches, nectarines, apricots, grapes and melons - were exported by special trains to central Europe, where the Turkestan crop was received a short time before the south European supplies ripened.
- Apples, peaches, quinces, raspberries, strawberries, &c., are produced under such conditions, but the flavour of their kind grown in colder climates is usually wanting.
- In the next zone are grown many of the cereals (including rice), beans, tobacco, sugar-cane, peaches, apricots, quinces and strawberries.
- Besides these are grown melons, mulberries, bananas, apricots, quinces, walnuts, lemons and citron.
- The Persian fruit is excellent and abundant, and large quantities, principally dried and called khushkbar (dry fruit), as quinces, peaches, apricots, plums (of several kinds), raisins, figs, almonds, pistachios, walnuts and dates (the last only from the south), as well as oranges (only from the Caspian provinces), are exported.Advertisement
- Even tho quinces are high pectin, this was also reluctant to set.
- The quince is now the only member of the genus Cydonia, the three shrubby quinces previously included are now classified in Chaenomeles.
- Quinces are very widely used as pear rootstocks, and have been so used at least since the 14th century in France.
- A Quinces, as it's fondly called, is a party in celebration of a young Hispanic lady's fifteenth birthday, when she becomes a woman.
- Plain white china adds a classy touch or you can choose a pattern or color matching the Quinces Court's gowns.Advertisement
- Since a Quinces is a fifteenth birthday party, it's acceptable to use paper party ware for parties in a more relaxed setting.
- Danced by the Quinceanera and her escort, or her Quinces Court, many hosts will pull out all of the stops to make sure guests are treated to an entertaining dance segment.
- The "Quinces Court" is made up of the Quinceanera and up to fourteen of her closest friends and relatives, all around the same age.
- When the party begins, the Master of Ceremonies will introduce each member of the Quinces Court and they will each stand in their assigned (and rehearsed places).
- Many times, the hosts will pay for the Quinces Court to take dance lessons so they can perform a choreographed dance routine for their guests.Advertisement
- After a while, she can switch to dance with her escort and the Quinces Court can join in.
- Your Quinces is an important milestone, it's not about the dance.
- Pears, apples, quinces, mulberries an d other fruit-trees flourish, as well as vines; the Cretan wines, however, no longer enjoy the reputation which they possessed in the time of the Venetians.