Quieten sentence example
- Ten grains taken at bedtime will often give sleep, cause free diaphoresis and quieten the entire nervous system in such cases.
- In prayer we quieten the hubbub of the day and hear a deeper part of ourselves instead.
- If he 'd just quieten for a moment, we 'd be finished up in no time and he 'd get his milk.
- Games that don't require any special organizing can be great for using as a fall-back, should the festivities quieten.
- There were lots of people in for lunch, and the chatter did not quieten down until later.Advertisement
- To come here and quieten the crowd was the first thing I wanted to do - and I thought we did that very professionally.
- Never the less, the room did quieten down to catch the groovy lyrics.