Quicksands sentence example
- The river beds contain dangerous quicksands.
- In the bed of the White Umfolosi are dangerous quicksands.
- Towards the sea the solid land gives place to a vast network of streams and creeks, whose sluggish waters are constantly depositing silt, and forming morasses or quicksands.
- Poetsch in 1883, and originally applied to shafts passing through quicksands above brown coal seams, has been applied with advantage in opening new pits through the secondary and tertiary strata above the coal measures in the north of France and Belgium, some of the most successful examples being those at Lens, Anzin and Vicq, in the north of France basin.
- The united river ran north, disappeared underground in the Sahara and reached the Mediterranean at "the quicksands of the gulph of Sidra."Advertisement
- quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood.
- Spanning the coastline of northern Lancashire and southern Cumbria, Morecambe Bay has dangerous quicksands and fast moving tides.
- So it is with the bogs and quicksands of society; but he is an old boy that knows it.
- Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood.