Quicksand sentence example
- "The Delta," he exclaims, "shall become a plashy quicksand, a second Syrtis !
- In ground which is of the nature of quicksand, piles will often slowly rise to their original position after each blow.
- They had sighted the coast of Peloponnesus when a storm overtook them and drove them to the coast of Libya, where they were saved from a quicksand by the local nymphs.
- " quicksand," loose water-logged sand, readily yielding to weight or pressure, and "quicksilver," the common name of the metal mercury.
- As he rode, problems bobbed to the surface of his mind like driftwood released from quicksand – ready to be plucked from the surface and worked into something useable.Advertisement
- veins and flat deposits below the general level Boring of the country; or the outcrop lies beyond the limits of the property or under water or water-bearing formations, or is covered by quicksand, or is deeply buried.
- Swiss Army exists to fortify your resources should you ever find yourself backpacking through Malaysia, wrestling jungle serpents, or stumbling into a unwelcoming pool of quicksand.
- Two large water mains had both ruptured, and flowing underground had formed a quicksand.
- When it is grounded to the floor, try to avoid the quicksand by doing multiple jumps.
- As he rode, problems bobbed to the surface of his mind like driftwood released from quicksand â€“ ready to be plucked from the surface and worked into something useable.Advertisement
- Imagine a million square miles of empty desert, an unmapped land patched with treacherous quicksand, a blisteringly hot place lashed by sandstorms.
- Rothenberg, J., Avoiding technological quicksand, op cit.