Quibbling sentence example
- He pays big bucks—cash on the spot, no quibbling!
- Though mainly examples of verbal quibbling, they serve to show the difficulties of language and of explaining the relations of sense-given impressions.
- PREVARICATION, a divergence from the truth, equivocation, quibbling, a want of plain-dealing or straightforwardness, especially a deliberate misrepresentation by evasive answers, often used as a less offensive synonym for a lie.
- He pays big bucksâ€”cash on the spot, no quibbling!
- But in what that vividness (ivap-yaaa) consists is a question which Epicurus does not raise, and which he would no doubt have deemed superfluous quibbling over a matter sufficiently settled by common sense.Advertisement