Quetzal sentence example
- Brigham, Guatemala, The Land of the Quetzal (London, 1887); J.
- The bird-life of the country is remarkably rich; one bird of magnificent plumage, the quetzal, quijal or quesal (Trogon resplendens), has been chosen as the national emblem.
- The wonderful plumage of the " quetzal " (Trogon resplendens) was, it is said, reserved b y the Aztec rulers for their own exclusive use.
- This cruise also features stops in Cabo San Lucas, Huatulco, Puerto Quetzal and Cartagena.
- Later in the morning as we left Trogon Lodge we saw a sparkling male quetzal from the bus!Advertisement
- Finally, we headed into the cloud forest in search of the elusive resplendent quetzal.
- Bonaparte in 1826, as Trogon paradiseus, according to his statement in the Zoological Society's Proceedings The Mexican deity Quetzal-coatl had his name, generally translated "Feathered Snake," from the quetzal, feather or bird, and coat!, snake, as also certain kings or chiefs, and many places, e.g.
- Later in the morning as we left Trogon Lodge we saw a sparkling male Quetzal from the bus !
- The figure depicts an Aztec priest plumed, with the feathers of the Quetzal bird.
- cloud forest in search of the elusive resplendent quetzal.Advertisement
- resplendent quetzal.
- quetzal bird.