Quenya sentence example
- The two primary types of Elvish are Sindarin and Quenya.
- Sindarin is the common language used by gray Elves and Quenya is the language of scholars also known as High Elven speech.
- Dictionary of the Elvish Language: Provides meanings for words in both Sindarin and Quenya languages.
- Fellowship of the Word Smiths: This wide-ranging site offers a dictionary of reconstructed Sindarin words, and a similar dictionary for reconstructed Quenya words.
- There are different dialects or "modes" of the language such as Quenya, Sindarin or English.Advertisement
- The Elvish language of Quenya was inspired by Finnish, while Khudzul was inspired by the Hebrew languages.
- The Entish language is a variant on the Elven Quenya.
- They enjoyed Quenya and so adopted it, but maintained their own grammatical structure.
- Elvish (including Quenya and Sindarin) The Quenya quote, "Elen sila lûmenn' omentielvo" means "A star shines on the hour of our meeting."