Queen's bench sentence example
- The queen's bench refused a prohibition (I Lord Raymond's Rep. 447).
- On the resignation of Lord Denman in 1850, Campbell was appointed chief justice of the queen's bench.
- Even so, it is difficult to see on what legal ground he was kept in the queen's bench prison after July 1553; for Mary herself was repudiating the royal authority in religion.
- He was convicted by the Queen's Bench on the 21st of May 1 593, and hanged on the 29th at the unusual hour of 4 p.m., the signature of his old enemy Whitgift being the first of those affixed to the warrant.
- This verdict was ignored by the government, and subsequently quashed by the Queen's Bench in Dublin, but additional feeling was roused in respect of the incident owing to a message later sent by Mr Gladstone ending with the words "Remember Mitchelstown."Advertisement
- The courts of common law from Lord Coke's time downwards have recognized this " constitution of the pope " (as the queen's bench called it in 1598).
- Parnell with four other members of parliament and the chief officers of the Land League were indicted for conspiracy in the Queen's Bench.