Queen-anne-s-bounty sentence example
- All benefices except those under the clear annual value of £50 pay their first fruits (one year's profits) and tenths (of yearly profits) to Queen Anne's Bounty for the augmentation of the maintenance of the poorer clergy.
- They may also be charged with the repayment of money laid out for their permanent advantage, and be augmented wholly by the medium of Queen Anne's Bounty.
- 282, xi, 254; C. Hodgson, An Account of the Augmentation of Small Livings by the Bounty of Queen Anne (1845); Observations of the Governors of Queen Anne's Bounty (1867) Somers Tracts, xii.
- In 1696 and 1697 he presented memorials to the king suggesting that the firstfruits and tenths raised by the clergy should be devoted to the augmentation of the poorer livings, and though his suggestions were not immediately accepted, they were carried into effect under Queen Anne by the provision known as Queen Anne's Bounty.
- defrayed by a grant from Queen Anne's bounty.Advertisement
- The benefice, which has some glebe belonging to it, has been augmented with queen Anne's bounty.