Quayage sentence example
- South of this lies the Grasbrook basin (quayage of 2100 ft.
- of quayage, served by a railway, and with a depth alongside of 25 ft.
- It provides extensive quayage with a minimum depth of water of 28 ft.
- The tidal harbour, which is owned by a company, is enclosed by two piers and a breakwater, the area being about 30 acres, and the quayage 1400 yds.
- Here is an enclosed basin covering 123 acres with ample quayage, dry docks and everything necessary to the accommodation, repair, revictualling and coaling of a numerous fleet.Advertisement
- The first dock (opened in 1846), the second (1859) and the third (1882) cover an area of '28 acres, with timber ponds of 44 acres and a total quayage of 2500 yards.
- of quayage; the depth, ranging from 303 5 ft., is sufficient for practically any vessel afloat.
- of quayage.
- of quayage; its length is 3609 ft., breadth 573 f t.
- The depth of water at the main entrance is 41 to 5 fathoms and in the western bay 3 to 4 fathoms. For lack of docks and quayage, large vessels lie off Steamer Point and all cargo is handled by means of lighters, the labour being either Somali or Arab.Advertisement
- Its medieval importance as the only shelter between Portland Roads and the river Exe caused the burgesses to receive grants of quayage for its maintenance in 1335 and many subsequent years, while its convenience probably did much to bring upon Lyme the unsuccessful siege by Prince Maurice in 1644.
- The harbour, with quayage at the suburb of Hythe, is controlled by the corporation.
- of quayage, ships drawing 26 ft.
- The harbour is protected by two main piers, of which the western is a fine structure by Sir John Rennie, and divided into four parts by others; it has a wet dock and extensive quayage.
- The harbour, with an outer and an inner basin, covers an area of 9 acres and has half a mile of quayage.Advertisement
- The quayage exceeds ioo acres in area and the quay walls are over 3 m.
- There is extensive quayage, and the largest wool ships are able to load alongside the wharves, which are connected by rail with all parts of the colony.