Quatrain sentence example
- Unfortunately, the original quatrain stated nothing of the sort.
- Firdousi accepted the challenge, and the three poets having previously agreed upon three rhyming words to which a fourth could not be found in the Persian language, 'Ansari began "Thy beauty eclipses the light of the sun"; Farrakhi added "The rose with thy cheek would comparison shun"; 'Asjadi continued "Thy glances pierce through the mailed warrior's johsun"; 1 and Firdousi, without a moment's hesitation, completed the quatrain "Like the lance of fierce Giv in his fight with Poshun."
- Lutatius Catulus composed a quatrain in his honour, and the dictator Sulla presented him with a gold ring, the badge of the equestrian order, a remarkable distinction for an actor in Rome, where the profession was held in contempt.
- I can still remember reading the opening quatrain of The Death of the Bird for the first time.
- Othon (1664), Agesilas (1666), Attila (1667), and Tite et Berenice (1670),(1670), were generally considered as proofs of failing powers, - the cruel quatrain of Boileau "Apres l'Age'silas Helas!Advertisement
- ghazal or ode (a love-ditty, wine-song or religious hymn), the rubai or quatrain (our epigram, for which the Persians invented a new metre in addition to those adopted from the Arabs), and the mathnawi or double-rhymed poem (the legitimate form for epic and didactic poetry).
- I will not belabor the relevant quatrain interpretations here that are in my book.
- In the 3rd quatrain there is a change of tone, with the speaker making a direct exhortation to his beloved.
- The first quatrain furnishes four refrains which appear as the final lines of the following quatrains.
- In sonnet 7, the first quatrain (Q1) contains the word looks, Q2 the word looks again.Advertisement
- The third quatrain plays on the reciprocity of mirroring.
- The particular quatrain predicts the coming of a Great King of Terror and ends in Mars joyfully ruling all.
- Nostradamus died in 1566 and never wrote the quatrain above.