Quasars sentence example
- Several strong candidates for Type 2, or obscured quasars have been discovered.
- The total number of ROSAT detected radio quasars from the above three sources is 654 objects.
- Further evidence comes from astronomical observation - astronomers look into the past when they look into space and have been measuring and observing quasars.
- The objects called quasars are very strong point like radio sources, which can, like all radio objects, be detected in daylight.
- Most types of cosmic object known to exist, from dwarf stars to the most distant quasars, are known to emit X-rays.Advertisement
- It is a suggestive coincidence that the space density of bright optical quasars also reached a peak sometime around z = 2-3.
- The low and high redshift quasars are found very similar in their emission characteristics, although differences exist.
- In several quasars, small, discrete sources have been found that change position from one observation to the next.
- Almost one quarter of these are members of a previously unknown class of X-ray bright, flat spectrum, radio-loud quasars.
- Some astronomers supported this point of view, and have sought evidence for physical associations between high-redshift quasars and low-redshift normal galaxies.Advertisement
- Their spectra also have the same large redshift of the quasars in the cluster.
- Examples include the discovery of pulsars while studying interplanetary scintillation; finding quasars as stars with strange spectra.
- Finding the powerful quasars responsible for the X-ray background radiation.