Quartets sentence example
- The actual employment of Croatian folk-tunes may be illustrated from the string quartets Op. 17, No.
- The polyphony of Beethoven was unquestionably influenced by it and, even in his latest sonatas and quartets, may be regarded as its logical outcome.
- The compositions of Haydn include 104 symphonies, 16 overtures, 76 quartets, 68 trios, 54 sonatas, 31 concertos and a large number of divertimentos, cassations and other instrumental pieces; 24 operas and dramatic pieces, 16 Masses, a Stabat Mater, interludes for the " Seven Words," 3 oratorios, 2 Te Deums and many smaller pieces for the church, over 40 songs, over 50 canons and arrangements of Scottish and Welsh national melodies.
- Borodin also wrote a second symphony (1871-1877), part of a third (orchestrated after his death by Glazounov), and a few string quartets and some fine songs.
- Wagner's earlier works have too long been treated as if they represented the pure and healthy childhood of his later ideal; as if Lohengrin stood to Parsifal as Haydn, Mozart and early Beethoven stand to Beethoven's last quartets.Advertisement
- At the beginning of the 19th century a revival of the popularity of this instrument took place, and quartets were played on four sets of pipes of different sizes and pitch.
- Years ago we used to hear quartets sing the catchy chorus went, " They wouldn't bend.
- Lunchtime concerts take place at the Richard Hamilton Building and include string quartets, singer-songwriters, barbershop quartets and live DJ sets.
- Puzzled, the violinist asked " Did you ever play string quartets?
- The quartet has become one of the most celebrated young string quartets performing today.Advertisement
- It was lucky for the development of instrumentation (as in all branches of music during the change from polyphonic to formal design) that whenever the texture is not polyphonic the natural place for melody is on the surface: in other words, when the accompaniment is simple the tune is generally on the top. Haydn, when he was not tempted by the resources of an instrument so complete in itself as the pianoforte, soon learnt to write artistically perfect string quartets in which the first violin, though overwhelmingly the most important part, is nevertheless in perfect balance with the other members of the scheme, inasmuch as they contribute exactly what their pitch and the little polyphonic elaboration admissible by the style will enable them to give.
- Puzzled, the violinist asked Did you ever play string quartets?
- Dover scores of string quartets and symphonies by all three composers are readily available and fairly inexpensive.
- Instead, the entertainment options tend to lean toward a variety of music (pianists, string quartets, and jazz bands may all be on board), as well as more unique shows.
- Costello has released several non-rock albums, performing with orchestras and string quartets; his reinvention never ceases to amaze.Advertisement
- Musical Group: Instrumental groups, cover bands or barbershop quartets are a great option for an adult birthday party.
- To this period belong five Masses, a dozen operas, over thirty clavier-sonatas, over forty quartets, over a hundred orchestral symphonies and overtures, a Stabat Mater, a set of interludes for the service of the Seven Words, an Oratorio Tobias written for the Tonkiinstler-Societe t of Vienna, and a vast number of concertos, divertimenti and smaller pieces, among which were no less than 175 for Prince Nicholas' favourite instrument, the baryton.