Quartan sentence example
- It is the general rule, with frequent exceptions, that the quotidian paroxysm comes on in the morning, the tertian about noon, and the quartan in the afternoon.
- Another rule is that the quartan has the longest cold stage, while its paroxysm is shortest as a whole; the quotidian has the shortest cold stage and a long hot stage, while its paroxysm is longest as a whole.
- Quotidian intermittent is on the whole more common than tertian in hot countries; elsewhere the tertian is the usual type, and quartan is only occasional.
- defined on an etiological as well as a clinical basis - namely, the mild or spring group, which includes tertian and quartan.
- Another paroxysm begins at or near the same hour next day (quotidian ague), which results from a double tertian infection, or the interval may be fortyeight hours (tertian ague), or seventy-two hours (quartan ague).Advertisement
- quartan and malignant types of fever, have been described by Italian observers, and the classification is generally accepted;.