Quantifiers sentence example
- Our findings are consistent with a large-scale neural network centered in frontal and parietal cortex that supports comprehension of generalized quantifiers.
- This account correctly predicts that plural agreement is impossible with conjuncts containing quantifiers, since a plural pro cannot appear in them.
- One can formalize this by using restricted quantifiers, which incorporate a restriction on the domain over which the variable in question ranges.
- Nor was there any serious problem about most of the generalized quantifiers proposed at the time.
- We discussed in Part 1 how nested quantifiers like this could take an exponentially long time to execute if there was no match possible.Advertisement
- Such results show the ability of the whole model to map visual scenes of objects into vague linguistic quantifiers.
- In order to find all the negative quantifiers, therefore, we need to find two different structures.
- For then we should expect that, like other quantifiers, it could take wide or narrow scope relative to ' Michelle believes ' .
- Quine famously claimed that the use of higher-order quantifiers commits to sets, irrespective of the intended subject matter of the theory.
- For then we should expect that, like other quantifiers, it could take wide or narrow scope relative to ' Michelle believes '.Advertisement
- We use the type system and our treatment of generalized quantifiers in natural language to construct a type-theoretic approach to pronominal anaphora and ellipsis.
- The following standard quantifiers are recognized: * Match 0 or more times + Match 1 or more times?