Quangos sentence example
- bonfire of the quangos ' promised by Ron Davies several years ago.
- At the moment, we know that we can go to see the Chief Executives and the board members of the relevant quangos.
- Councils, health boards and quangos will be ordered to cut waste and eliminate duplication.
- indefensible decisions by the Government and its quangos.
- There's no need setting up even more Quangos to solve the problem, when many of the delivery mechanisms are already in place.Advertisement
- Yet the money is handed out by appointed quangos.
- Nevertheless, we do not want to create more quangos for the sake of it.
- According to a Parliamentary Answer I obtained last month, since 1997 we have had 29 new quangos established in Scotland.
- There has been no great bonfire of unelected quangos, indeed far from it.
- Hence we have centralizing of local services into the control of pseudo regional quangos.Advertisement
- And I will be attempting to stop the various left-wing quangos telling the police what to do, how to do their job.
- Setting up new quangos does not guarantee good performance.
- Hospital Doctor reports anger among the BMA and grass-roots doctors over Government plans to merge health service quangos.
- John Reid promised to half the number of NHS quangos to save £ 500m.
- wasteful bureaucracy of Quangos.Advertisement
- A fascinating insight into the wasteful bureaucracy of Quangos.