Quadruped sentence example
- I saw neither bird, quadruped, reptile, nor insect."
- The word "animal" is defined as meaning "any domestic animal" of whatever kind or species, and whether a quadruped or not.
- Mammals are few in species, but remarkable, especially Macacus niger, an ape found nowhere else but in Bachian; Anoa depressicornis, a small ox-like quadruped which inhabits the mountainous districts; and the babirusa or pig-deer of the Malays.
- The Turkoman horse of Khorasan and the Atak is a large, bony and clumsy-looking quadruped, with marvellous power and endurance.
- The timid viscacha (Lagostomus trichodactylus), living in colonies, often with the burrowing owl, and digging deep under ground like the American prairie dog, was almost the only quadruped to be seen upon these immense open plains.Advertisement
- An idealized type of the useful quadruped - likewise often identified with the earth - presents itself in the mythical Cow of Plenty, or" wish-cow "(Kamadhenu, or Kamadugha, i.e.
- I thought I might just as well describe my pet in order to know it--order, vertebrate; division, quadruped; class, mammalia; genus, felinus; species, cat; individual, Tabby.
- SABLE, the name of a small quadruped, closely akin to the martens, and known by the zoological name of Mustela zibellina.
- 36 seq.) is represented sometimes as a quadruped, sometimes as a bird.
- I think she will laugh when I tell her she is a vertebrate, a mammal, a quadruped; and I shall be very sorry to tell her that she belongs to the order Carnivora.Advertisement
- FERRET, a domesticated, and frequently albino breed of quadruped, derived from the wild polecat (Putorius foetidus, or P. putorius), which it closely resembles in size, form, and habits, and with which it interbreeds.
- DOG, the English generic term for the quadruped of the domesticated variety of Canis (Fr.
- The Quadruped - Put your knees and palms on the floor, assuming a neutral stand-on-all-fours position.
- Are we to believe that these cravings and aspirations are derived from the " hairy quadruped with a tail and pointed ears "?
- For his motions upon the face of the earth are more than any other quadruped.Advertisement
- After the death of any of his favourite disciples he would hold a dog to the mouth of the man in order to receive the departing spirit, saying that there was no animal which could perpetuate his virtues better than that quadruped.
- graminivorous quadruped ' .