Quadrivalent sentence example
- In the case of the quadrivalent carbon, diamond seems to be the stable form at ordinary temperatures, but one may wait long before it is formed from graphite.
- In most cases it behaves as a divalent element, but it may also be quadrivalent.
- Villiger (Be y ., 1901, 34, pp. 2679, 3612) showed that many organic compounds (ethers, alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, &c.) behave towards acids, particularly the more complex acids, very much like bases and yield crystallized salts in which quadrivalent oxygen must be assumed as the basic element.
- Walden point out from the physico-chemical standpoint that in water and hydrogen peroxide the oxygen atom is probably quadrivalent.
- A valid certificate showing that the quadrivalent vaccine has been received is now a requirement for pilgrims to enter Saudi Arabia.Advertisement