Quackery sentence example
- He was a great admirer of Galen; and in his writings he protests emphatically against quackery and the superstitious remedies of the astrologers.
- Empiricism, hitherto the only guide, if indeed a guide at all, was replaced by exact scientific knowledge; the connexion of each phenomenon with a controllable cause was established, and rule-of-thumb and quackery banished for ever by the free gift to the world of the results of his researches.
- The poem is a typical ' popular ' piece in the alliterative stanza, 91 lines, and is a satire on medical quackery.
- There is useful information on questionable therapies, and advice on how to spot bogus health scams and other Quackery.
- The American Medical Association took a stance against naturopathy in the 1920s, calling it quackery, while it promoted the so-called miracle drugs that were being introduced to the medical community at a rapid rate.Advertisement
- About this time, too (November 1707), he produced his best narrative poem, Baucis and Philemon, while the next few months witnessed one of the most amusing hoaxes ever perpetrated against the quackery of astrologers.
- There is useful information on questionable therapies, and advice on how to spot bogus health scams and other quackery.
- The intelligent classes have become far better educated in the laws of health, and less disposed to quackery; the less intelligent are better cared for and protected by municipal and central authority.
- The FDA has a long-standing habit of not siding with herbal remedies or else proclaiming herbs for health nothing more than quackery.