Purposeless sentence example
- The Design argument elicits from Lotze the criticism that some things look purposeful, but others decidedly purposeless.
- The universe is merely blind Will, not thought; this Will is irrational, purposeless and therefore unhappy.
- Twenty years of bloody and purposeless warfare with the armies of the empire and with their fellow-barbarians, the Goths and the Suevi, followed.
- I can't face swapping out the graphics card, either, it just seems purposeless.
- I ca n't face swapping out the graphics card, either, it just seems purposeless.Advertisement
- From the standpoint of the capitalist this would be a senseless and purposeless waste.
- Looking forward is no comfort either, because evolution appears so directionless, and so apparently purposeless.
- Moreover, the English states, which had seldom turned their swords against each other in the 5th or the 6th centuries, were engaged during the 7thand the 8th in those endless struggles for supremacy which seem so purposeless, because the hegemony which a king of energy and genius won for his kingdom always disappeared with his death.
- It was in the Roman state that military action - in Greece often purposeless and, except in the resistance to Persia, on the whole fruitless - worked out the social mission which formed its true justification.
- The emperor gathered little from the confused reports of their purposeless manoeuvres, but, secure in the midst of his " battalion square " of 200,000 men, he remained quite indifferent, well knowing that an advance straight on Berlin must force his enemy to concentrate and fight, and as they would bring at most 127,000 men on to the battlefield the result could hardly be doubtful.Advertisement
- This proposal, however, the Norwegian government found unacceptable, and explained that, if such control were insisted upon, all further negotiations would be purposeless.
- Whilst it leaves us with the view that we are a totally insignificant collection of molecules in a purposeless universe.
- The sense of purpose of " reacting to the environment " is something that evolved itself from purposeless activity.
- General Rules. * We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, racism, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
- But that is simply the result of blind, purposeless evolution.Advertisement
- Amongst the legitimate reasons for suspecting the correctness of a text are patent contradictions in a passage or its immediate neighbourhood, proved and inexplicable deviations from the standards for forms, constructions and usages (mere rarity or singularity is not enough), weak and purposeless repetitions of a word (if there is no reason for attributing these to the writer), violations of the laws of metre and rhythm as observed by the author, obvious breaks in the thought (incoherence) or disorderly sequence in the same (double or multiple incoherence).