Pupate sentence example
- When fully grown the larvae pupate and a few days later they emerge as the first worker bumble bees of the year.
- These larvae mature then pupate to form the first cohort of worker ants.
- Caterpillars on garlic mustard, however, often pupate on the stems of the plant on which they fed.
- The final instar is normally collected (slide 14) before the caterpillars fall to the ground and pupate just below the soil surface.
- They then pupate in a cocoon among leaf litter throughout the winter months.Advertisement
- These larvae pupate in the soil, new adults hatching out in the autumn.
- The leaves fall and the larvae pupate in the leaf litter to emerge as adult females in the spring.
- The caterpillars burrow into soft dry sand to pupate in summer, emerging the following year.
- Mulch soil under plants to prevent leafminer larvae from reaching the soil to pupate.
- The grubs, when hatched, start galleries nearly at right angles to this, and when fully grown form oval cells in which they pupate; from these the young beetles emerge by making circular holes directly outward through the bark.Advertisement