Pumas sentence example
- Pumas, jaguars and one or two species of wild cat are numerous, as also the Argentine wolf and two or three species of fox.
- When caressed pumas purr like domestic cats.
- Bears, mountain lions (pumas), wild cats (lynx) and wolves haunt the more remote fastnesses of the mountains; foxes abound; deer are found in many districts and moose in the north.
- Chinchillas and nutrias are obtained from South America, whence come also civet cats, jaguars, ocelots and pumas.
- The Virginia deer is common in the bottomlands; a few beaver still frequent the remoter streams; in the higher portions are still a few black bears and pumas, besides the lynx, the Virginia varying hare, the woodchuck, the red and the fox squirrel and flying squirrels.Advertisement
- In the mountain forests of south-western Oregon bears, deer, elk, pumas, wolves and foxes are plentiful.
- Foxes, bears, wolves, lynx (wild cats) and otters are very rare, and pumas (panthers) and beavers long ago disappeared.
- Before the advent of the white man Nebraska was full of wild mammals, the buffalo, elk, black and white tailed deer, antelope, bears, timber wolves, panthers (pumas), lynx, otter and mink being common.
- In these particulars, as well as in size and shortness of leg, the dog resembles the weasel; and since there are good reasons for believing that the latter is protected alike by ferocity and stink-glands, it is quite possible that the dog, of unusual coloration and form for the Canidae, is protected from the attacks of pumas, jaguars and ocelots by his likeness to the tayra.
- Whether you need Puma toddler boys shorts for your little one for the summer or for sports, Pumas are a great option.Advertisement
- Pumas are an excellent choice in summer shorts for your son.
- Diane Neal presented Mariska with baby Pumas, since she's frequently seen on the show's set wearing her own pair.
- The answer lies in your age: women under 40 are considered "pumas" or "cougars-in-training," only reaching cougar status in their 40's and 50's.
- And then there are Pumas.
- Of course, that includes Pumas and coyotes as well.Advertisement
- Several instances have occurred of pumas becoming tame in captivity.