Pullman sentence example
- The centre of disturbance was the Pullman strike at Chicago, whence the disorder extended to the Pacific coast, causing riot and bloodshed in many places.
- They have all welded steel bodies, Pullman gangways and buckeye couplings.
- The ladies rushed into the smoking room saying a madman was in the Pullman.
- Such cars in the United States are largely owned, not by the railway companies over whose lines they run, but by the Pullman Car Company, which receives the extra fees paid by passengers for their use.
- The State College of Washington (1890) at Pullman, for instruction in agriculture, mechanical arts and natural sciences, includes an agricultural college, an experiment station and a school of science.Advertisement
- Also ' The Pullman ' the pub near the level crossing in Grays which depicts the renowned Pullman railroad carriages painted umber and cream.
- Pullman dinette with storage under seats converts to double berth.
- More recently the black pine provided inspiration for Philip Pullman's Dark Materials trilogy.
- The menu will include kippers, the favorite choice of passengers on the well-known electric Pullman train.
- Into its comfortably upholstered rear, Henry put a cardboard miniature of a Pullman section.Advertisement
- The same year he led the strike which, beginning in the Pullman car plants, soon involved the railways leading into Chicago (see 6.124).
- This auditorium also has a limited number of Pullman recliner seats.
- The Amber Spyglass is the third and final installment of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.
- Philip Pullman's fabulous fantasy trilogy His Dark Materials is another series in which magic is studied collectively.
- Can Christians now seize the moment to remind people how different from Pullman 's ' Almighty God ' is the God whom they worship?Advertisement
- The Subtle Knife is book two in the trilogy, His Dark Materials, by Phillip Pullman.
- Here Pullman continues his ability to find a book title that intrigues, without actually telling you anything about the story.
- Pullman shows his extraordinary imagination in The Amber Spyglass, with physicist Mary Malone's sojourn among the Mulefa.