Puckering sentence example
- No instance, however, of a phenomenon of this kind has been discovered, for those liquids which mix of themselves do so by the process of diffusion, which is a molecular motion, and not by the spontaneous puckering and replication of the bounding surface as would be the case if T were negative.
- "Connaissez-vous le Proverbe: * 'Jerome, Jerome, do not roam, but turn spindles at home!'?" said Shinshin, puckering his brows and smiling.
- Puckering up and leaving red lipstick kisses on napkins, collars and love notes has long been a way for women to express their endearing affections.
- The best-fitting shorts for you won't fit tight, however, but you shouldn't have puckering anywhere.
- However facial exercises such as wrinkling the forehead, flaring and sniffling the nostrils, curling and puckering the lips, and several others may be used to retrain the brain's messages to facial muscles.Advertisement
- Burghley and Sir John Puckering seem to have assisted Bacon honestly, if not overwarmly, in this second application; but the conduct of Cecil had roused suspicions which were not perhaps without foundation.
- In its smaller manifestation, this class of folding passes into "crumpling" or "puckering," where quite a large number of folds may be crowded into a single hand specimen.
- "Attack indeed!" said the colonel in a bored voice, puckering up his face as if driving off a troublesome fly.
- "Buonaparte?" said Bilibin inquiringly, puckering up his forehead to indicate that he was about to say something witty.
- He drew his left foot out of the stirrup and, lurching with his whole body and puckering his face with the effort, raised it with difficulty onto the saddle, leaned on his knee, groaned, and slipped down into the arms of the Cossacks and adjutants who stood ready to assist him.Advertisement
- Kutuzov was chewing a piece of roast chicken with difficulty and glanced at Wolzogen with eyes that brightened under their puckering lids.
- When he entered the private room Count Rostopchin, puckering his face, was rubbing his forehead and eyes with his hand.
- Puckering up his face though smiling, and showing his short strong teeth, he began with stubby fingers of both hands to ruffle up his thick tangled black hair.
- Death... lies... he repeated, puckering his face.