Psychoanalytic sentence example
- Psychoanalytic treatment, however, had a very low rate of success.
- Psychoanalytic approaches are not useful in treating IED.
- Notes on style All authors are asked to take account of the diverse audience of Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
- Members of the Center staff are practicing psychoanalysts, analytical psychologists or psychoanalytic psychotherapists.
- Objective: Students should gain some familiarity with varieties of mental disorder and the theoretical psychoanalytic models which may help us to understand psychopathology.Advertisement
- In some areas psychoanalytic psychotherapy is available within the NHS.
- The American Psychoanalytic Association warns that the title "psychoanalyst" may be used legally by anyone, even those untrained in the field.
- Psychoanalytic theory proposes instead that morality develops through humans' conflict between their instinctual drives and the demands of society.
- Others who believe humans are innately aggressive and completely self-oriented are more likely to accept psychoanalytic theories where morality is the learned management of socially destructive internal drives.
- Therapy usually involves some combination of behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, play therapy, or psychoanalytic therapy, medication, and in some cases, family therapy.Advertisement
- Play therapy is an adaptation of psychoanalytic therapy, which is a psychological treatment based on helping people understand their unconscious thoughts.
- The psychoanalytic model purports that trichotillomania occurs in an attempt to resolve a childhood trauma, the most common of which is sexual abuse.