Provocations sentence example
- This, however, does not prevent the reactionaries and irresponsible demagogues from indulging in false patriotic manifestations and provocations.
- Apart from these bitter provocations - the prohibition of the sign of the covenant and the desecration of the sacred place - the Jews had a leader who was recognized as Messiah by the rabbi Aqiba.
- and Louis of Bavaria, king of the Romans, and the latter, on being excommunicated and called upon to give up the empire, only replied to the pope's threats with fresh provocations.
- Till the spring of 1565, Mary, despite the insults to her religion and the provocations to herself, had remained attached to " the English course " and to the counsels of Moray and Lethington.
- The provocations of Talleyrand and England strengthened the illusion: Why should not the Austrians emulate the Spaniards?Advertisement
- From the police provocations launched against the demonstrators at Seattle, through to the new ban on even one-man demonstrations within a kilometer (!
- military provocations became more frequent inside the Republic and at its borders.
- provocations in order to prevent the Spanish working class from freeing itself.
- provocations of open violence.
- reactionaryever, does not prevent the reactionaries and irresponsible demagogues from indulging in false patriotic manifestations and provocations.Advertisement
- Nonetheless, he urged Renamo supporters not to react violently against what he described as " provocations " from the ruling Frelimo Party.
- Unfortunately, Venice, for her own safety's sake, insisted on the publication of Wladislaus's antiTurkish alliance; the Porte, well informed of the course of Polish affairs, remained strictly neutral despite the most outrageous provocations; and Wladislaus, bound by his coronation oath not to undertake an offensive war, found himself at the mercy of the diet which, full of consternation and rage, assembled at Warsaw on the 2nd of May 1647.
- The MCB urges fellow British Muslims to exercise the utmost restraint in the face of these provocations.
- In spite of opportunities and provocations he never lent himself to treason.
- Split into 2 small groups: Role play chairing a discussion and taking notes, using the provocations below.Advertisement