Provident sentence example
- Campania holds the first place in the south, most of the savings of that region being deposited in the provident institutions of Naples.
- Provident Living Today - provide bulk storage containers and instruction on food preservation, gardening, and other topics.
- Foreign policy must be guided by a larger and more provident conception of Athenian interests.
- His strong hand kept the inevitable strife of the parliamentary factions within due limits, and it was entirely owing to his provident care that Sweden so rapidly recovered from the wretched condition in which the wars of Charles had plunged her.
- The Greeks derived it from irpoµoOi s, provident, and connected it with other such words as irpogneapat, 7rpour70Eca.Advertisement
- The Friends Provident with-profits bond will likely have penalties for anyone who wants to exit in the first five years, says Ms Bowes.
- Provident institutions have considerably developed in Italy under the forms of savings banks, assurance companies Provident and mutual benefit societies.
- The more important are the Hualapais or ApacheYumas; the Mohaves; the Yavapais or Apache-Mohaves; the Yumas, whose lesser neighbours on the lower Colorado are the most primitive Indians of the United States in habits; the Maricopas; the Pimas and Papagoes, who figure much in early Arizona history, and who are superior in intelligence, adaptability, application and character; the Hopis or Moquis, possessed of the same good qualities and notably temperate and provident, famous for their prehistoric culture (Tusuyan); the Navaho, and the kindred Apaches, perhaps the most relentless and savage of Indian warriors.
- A 2009 deal between major film company Samuel Goldwyn and independent Christian film production company Provident Films aimed to change that.
- In the days of medieval abbeys, when the provident Cistercian monks attached great importance to pond culture, they gave the first place to the tench and bream, the carp still being unknown in the greater part of Europe.Advertisement
- Stilicho, "fearing to suffer all that had caused himself to be feared," annihilated those defences of Alps and Apennines which the provident gods had interposed between the barbarians and the Eternal City, and planted the cruel Goths, his "skinclad" minions, in the very sanctuary of the empire.