Protuberance sentence example
- This wedge shaped flat topped protuberance is 600 meters up a cliff face overlooking a fjord.
- The skull oval from ear to ear, showing plenty of brain room, and with a well-defined occipital protuberance.
- Dermatocera, foot with a horn-shaped protuberance at its posterior end.
- The second thoracic ring is humped, and there is a spine-like horn or protuberance at the tail.
- Perkin, junr., Ber., 1884, 1 7, p. 451): - C6H4 < CH2Br + Na C(C02R)2 - 7Cs H4 C CH2 C(C02R)2 CH 2 Br Na C(C02R)2 CH2 C(C02R)2 C 10 1-1 8 E - CeH9?CH2 CH C02H Cs H4`CH2 C(C02H)2 CH 2 CH CO 2 H CH2 C(C02H)2 1 "Nape," the back of the neck, is of doubtful origin; it may be a variant of "knap," a knob or protuberance.Advertisement
- The flipper is short, broad, and truncated, and the dorsal fin a mere low protuberance.
- After the entrance of the pollengrain the pollen-chamber becomes roofed over by a blunt protuberance of nucellar tissue.
- A study of the figure will show that the centrifugal force round the axis RR will act on the equatorial protuberance of the rotating earth so as to make it tend in the direction of the arrows.
- The base has a square protuberance, which fits into the tap wrench.
- In the median line of the buccal cavity in front is placed a thick muscular protuberance, which may be called the tongue, though attached to the dorsal instead of to the ventral wall of the mouth (fig.Advertisement