Prospering sentence example
- The forests have been sold, and only those landlords are prospering who exact rack-rents for the land without which the peasants could not live upon their allotments.
- The American Baptists in Liberia (1821) and the Basel Mission in the Gold Coast (1827), the Congregationalists of the United States of America and Canada in Angola, and the English and American Baptists on the Congo (since 1875) have also extensive and prospering agencies.
- Prospering by the law, William Howard of Wiggenhall rose to knight's rank and acquired by purchase Grancourt's manor in East Winch, near Lynn, where he had his seat in a moated house whose ruins remain.
- The railways are prospering because they are managed with great skill and are doing increasing amounts of business, though at lessening unit profits.
- and prospering in the midst of dense moist jungle and in shady sheltered situations.Advertisement
- Hans Luther had been prospering, and was more than ever resolved to make his son a lawyer.
- The work in London was prospering.
- When the country is prospering, Californians usually enjoy great prosperity.
- The tenants (who had been favoured with good years) were with very few exceptions prospering.
- Bacon's affairs in the meantime had not been prospering.Advertisement
- The nation was growing and prospering, despite of its masters maladministration of its resources.