Proscenium sentence example
- For these were substituted later a set of stone columns resembling those in the proscenium of a theatre.
- The proscenium was originally about 14 ft.
- The site has been excavated by the Greek Archaeological Society; it contained a temple, a sacred spring, into which coins were thrown by worshippers, altars and porticoes, and a small theatre, of which the proscenium is well preserved.
- These two books between them stand like pillars of a proscenium arch, framing the perspectives of the looming twentieth century.
- Proscenium arch survives, with top cresting, blocked by later inserted cinema screen.Advertisement
- Behind this was a decorative, but false, proscenium on the solid rear wall of the auditorium.
- The original proscenium was flanked by 6 full-height pillars on each side.
- The proscenium arch was built of plywood and suspended from the roof of the hall.
- They consist of a long rectangular building, with a proscenium or column front which almost forms a tangent to the circle of the orchestra; at the middle and at either end of this proscenium are doors leading into the orchestra, those at the end set in projecting wings; the top of the proscenium is approached by a ramp, of which the lower part is still preserved, running parallel to the parodi, but sloping up as they slope down.
- The auditorium is little less perfect than that of Aspendus and very nearly as large; but the scena wall has collapsed over stage and proscenium in a cataract of loose blocks.Advertisement
- An inscription found in the theatre showed that this portico, or at least the front portion of it, was called the proscenium or logeum, two terms of which the identity was previously disputed.