Proprieties sentence example
- What did a country hick know about proprieties anyway?
- This honour his official position compelled him, of course, to decline; for he sedulously observed official proprieties, and in no way gave offence to the government to which he was accredited.
- Johnson has frequently blamed Shakespeare for neglecting the proprieties of time and place, and for ascribing to one age or nation the manners and opinions of another.
- In her view the aim of every religion was merely to preserve certain proprieties while affording satisfaction to human desires.
- proprietyy were they less severe on their sinful protagonists, but they could relax literary proprieties too.Advertisement
- If a client indicates he or she would like more information, there are certain proprieties to observe that differ from postal direct mail.
- But in reality the question raised by Nestorius was not one as to the communicatio idiomatum, but simply as to the proprieties of language.
- Weary of politics, and obeying a natural inclination to pleasure, Julius then virtually abdicated the management of affairs, and gave himself up to enjoyment, amusing himself with the adornment of his villa, near the Porta del Popolo, and often so far forgetting the proprieties of his office as to participate in entertainments of a questionable character.