Pronghorn sentence example
- You know, like buffalo, pronghorn, and Doll sheep - wildlife native to the United States.
- With any luck, by this time next year there would be a couple of pronghorn antelope.
- The larger animals of Canada are the musk ox and the caribou of the barren lands, both having their habitat in the far north; the caribou of the woods, found in all the provinces except in Price Edward Island; the moose, with an equally wide range in the wooded country; the Virginia deer, in one or other of its varietal forms, common to all the southern parts; the black-tailed deer or mule deer and allied forms, on the western edge of the plains and in British Columbia; the pronghorn antelope on the plains, and a small remnant of the once plentiful bison found in northern Alberta and Mackenzie, now called " wood buffalo."
- By many modern writers the American prongbuck, pronghorn or " antelope," alone forming the genus Antilocapra, is regarded as representing merely a sub-family of the Bovidae, to which latter group the animal is structurally akin.
- In the open country the mule deer, the pronghorn antelope and the coyote are found, and the bison formerly ranged over the north-eastern part of the state; the side-striped groundsquirrel, Townsend's spermophile, the desert pack-rat and the desert pack-rabbit inhabit the flat country.Advertisement
- The pronghorn antelope is found only on America's Great Plains.
- pronghorn antelope is found only on America's Great Plains.
- Deer, bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, wolves, and both black and grizzly bears are seen by many visitors.
- Now if you stay a few days in Yellowstone, you will always see bison and elk and quite likely mule deer, pronghorn antelope, bighorn sheep, and both grizzly and black bear, as well as many small animals and birds of all sizes.