Promised-land sentence example
- Amid many difficulties, and thwarted even by Jefferson himself in the matter of the navy, Gallatin pushed on; and after six years the public debt was decreased (in spite of the Louisiana purchase) by $14,260,000, a large surplus was on hand, a comprehensive and beneficent scheme of internal improvements was ready for execution, and the promised land seemed in sight.
- It begins with a psalm (xc.) ascribed in the title to Moses, and seemingly designed to express feelings appropriate to a situation analogous to that of the Israelites when, after the weary march through the wilderness, they stood on the borders of the promised land.
- One must have the prospect of a promised land to have the strength to move.
- For more than ten years he remained at Copenhagen, looking vainly towards Russia as a sort of promised land from which he was excluded by enemies or rivals.
- These books contain the great national epic of Judaism relating the deliverance of the people from bondage in Egypt, the overthrow of the pursuing Pharaoh and his army, the divinely guided wanderings through the wilderness and the final entry into the promised land.Advertisement
- In the last three books we are told what happened to Israel between the time it entered into this solemn covenant and its settlement in the Promised Land under the successor of Moses.
- Keegan's signings aren't the international stars to guide us into the promised land.
- Moses gave the manna, but Iesous provided the first fruits of life from the grain of the Promised Land.
- If those sites were nearly perfect, Little Ferry must be the Promised Land.
- The promised land for the French during their advance had been Moscow, during their retreat it was their native land.Advertisement
- So both those who knew and those who did not know deceived themselves, and pushed on to Smolensk as to a promised land.
- Falmer, with SoS sanction, is the promised land.
- I spent my senior year of high school in Israel, and trust me when I say I ate my way through the promised land.